United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E93

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
They got me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralWeiss View Post
What you are referring to is applicable with Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Sears Craftsman openers made with the "Security +2.0" rolling code system. As far as I am aware, this is only an issue on openers made by Chamberlain in the last year or two, and does not apply to Genie openers. If you have one of the openers by Chamberlain, then there is a repeater module that plugs into an outlet in or near the opener that translates the older Homelink systems in our BMWs to the newer codes.
Thank you for the info, it was driving me crazy trying to get it to work with the car. I just purchased and installed the "LiftMaster 8500 Elite Series" I really like it but when I tried to program my 2011 M3 I could not get it to work, so I ordered the repeater and send an email expressing my disappointment on these devices not being backward compatible or at least have a switch or option to choose the regular rolling code system. I will update once the repeater is installed, hopefully it will work. My car without the key in the driveway is more secure than my garage door opener on the visor...
Appreciate 1