Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
The worst rain we had while driving was on the way back to London on the M3. We had a some heading into Bath as well, which made navigating difficult.
Speaking of navigating, the new iPhone sat/nav was brilliant. I took me down one-lane roads right to very remote, rural B&Bs. I had one problem visiting a friend in Manchester because the postal code was not entered in the right field in Outlook. For any address that you entered a long time ago, you need to double check to make certain that the postal code is in the correct field; otherwise it might take you to the correct address in the wrong city! It could have said something like, "I have two 54 Carlton Streets in the UK, which do you prefer?", but, no, it just picked one and took me there. Luckily it wasn't too far away from the true destination, which it took me to when I re-entered the postal code into the correct field.

Also, you'll need a car charger, because turn-by-turn directions for around 4-yours is about the limit of the battery.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. It rivaled Garman.

BTW, you NEED at sat/nav in rural England. Signage is incredibly poor and presumes that you can read through mud. You need to know the name of the next little village at each junction because the big city you're going to is often not marked, just the next town, which might not even show up the map.

Before you leave, put in all your destination addresses and you'll do fine. Backup needs to be one of those Atlas books that has details of each county. The national and regional maps are simply not detailed enough.

Dave