View Single Post
      05-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #26
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
He didn't say it's measurably faster because of a "suspension tune" - read the interview again.

It's "measurably faster" [most likely around a track] because of a few elements such as a lower center of gravity [10mm lowering] and more rubber to the pavement [10 x 19"s], the suspension also has helps with a faster lap time, in any case there are three elements that make it the Competition Package not just a "tune"

As someone who enjoys tracking I can tell you he is correct but it is also total marketing...

You will definitely get much better track times just from the Brembos alone. The stock brakes on the M3 will fade so fast in the hands of a professional driver.

I would say the reason for the better lap times are mainly due to the brakes especially since the added MDM upgrade is usually something turned off by skilled drivers at the track. The lap times they do are always with skilled drivers.

Total marketing and anyone that gets to a certain level of driving skill will automatically improve track times just by installing a BBK kit.

In my opinion its not worth the extra cash.

How much is it more over the regular M3?

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0