View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #2051
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
I am a new member but have been following this thread from the start. I am a retired vehicle dealer and can see both sides of this saga. From the start I have been in Dooma's corner and was happy to hear the dealership agreed to the original terms. The dealership also agreed to cover transportation, that sounds like an apology for this whole mess.

Now the dealership has set a reasonable time limit on closing this transaction and even extended that time for another three days. It is up to Ken to complete this during this time period. If the leasing company Ken has chose is not acceptable to the dealership then Ken needs to find one that is or go through the dealership for the lease. Most times when the car is sold or leased the dealership must send the MSO (Manufacturers Statement of Origin) to the financing or leasing company before payment is made. So dealers work with companies they are sure will get payment to them in a timely manor. I can understand the dealership not wanting to send the car to California and the MSO to a company they have never heard of.

Before you flame me, think about it. Would sell a vehicle to a stranger, pay the shipping to take the vehicle more than 1,000 miles away then send off the title somewhere else to someone you had never heard of and then wait for payment.

If not completed by the deadline the dealership has every right to close the books on this.

they can extend it all they want, after denying payment with any frivolous excuse. this cheap tactic portrays them as positive and paints Ken as bad.

Does ken have to open a bank account in NE then transfer the money or something ? This is ridiculous !

funny how they spinning it that Ken is untrustworthy now. KARMA gonna make it right.
Appreciate 0