Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Great looking build! Love the E90 and Interlagos combo. Great idea on the door.

How much wiring did you remove? I'm thinking about doing an E92 build. I'd love to get a non-I Drive car but that seems pretty hard to find. Looks like you kept most of the wiring.

I'd start prepping my E90 which has no I drive but I don't want to rape my Monte Carlo Blue paint at the track.
Thanks! Yeah, the door bars are my favorite visual feature of the cage. They are invisible until you open the door and then, boom---there they are looking all shiny. And that NASCAR-style door bar makes getting in and out much easier.

I did not remove any wiring at all yet. When the build was first completed, I had three track days up in NorCal right away. I had heard from several people that you can be chasing wiring gremlins around for awhile when you strip wiring. I just wanted the car to work. I figured I could strip the wiring later if I needed the weight loss. Honestly, there's much less difficult places to lose weight before I worry about wiring. I still have a stock muffler and rear glass.

Before the car was a dedicated track build, I had an Xpel clear bra put on the car. It's a self-healing clear bra. It has done an amazing job keeping the car looking decent. And I have a lot of track days on it. It is starting to show some wear now, but c'mon, I'm being quite awful to it.
Appreciate 0