05-03-2021, 09:11 PM   #2826
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
That depends.

The Liquor Licence Act says that you can consume alcohol in or on private property, a common area or a licensed premise. Common area is the hallway or an apartment building or say the front lawn of your condo property.

It is an offence to consume alcohol on public property, so the street or in a park, or in a motor vehicle. The fines aren't very big (except in a motor vehicle) and you'll also get your booze seized. Having said that, it's legal to smoke a blunt anywhere you like practically, so I suspect most coppers would ignore it but please don't leave your empties on the road or in the park.

I normally cautioned folks when I got them drinking where they shouldn't, unless they failed the attitude test.
Thanks - yeah, I always bring my empties home, admittedly I recycle them even though I could return for my deposit, but I don't leave them on the side of the road for sure. My neighbour obviously feels as safe as I do, as I've often caught him out there in the middle of a walk doublefisting it too. We've become good friends, he and I.
Appreciate 2
Littlebear3509.50
Murf99314114.00