12-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #52
crimsonred335is
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanderbilt View Post
Also people have different parking philosophies. I always park in "edge spots" so I can get close to the curb/line and there is lots of room on the side. I know a lot of people who actually seek out nice cars to park next to because they figure they'll be more careful. I think that's a bad idea because I have seen careless luxury car owners kick their doors open into the car next to them just because they can.
Parking on the edge of a row of parking spaces is what I've adopted too. I didn't really care in my Lexus, but the first day I got my BMW a guy with a 1970s pickup truck that's all rusted without paint parks next to me and hits my passenger door so bad that you'd think it was intentional. I let it slide and ever since then I've learned to park away from the crowd.

I guess in the end it's all about what you've experienced and how much you value your car. My dad's car is easily worth 3-4 times mine and yet he doesn't give a shit where he parks. He's never been dinged, but I guess that might also explain why he's not paranoid.
Appreciate 0