Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
Drive an older 911 if you want engaging. Mine has coilovers, trans mount, etc so its not as cushy as stock but I have also driven a stock 997.2 turbo with PDK and while fast I would not trade mine for it, or anything for that matter. I have not driven a 991 but I can only imagine they are even more on the cushy side.
I agree. Unfortunately, it seems that all manufactures are following this new model of making comfortable marshmallows with gobs of power. Don't even get me started on the 7MT poppycock...

The new M3/M4 is blazingly fast but not as engaging as the older M models. The Focus RS is fast as hell but I actually had more fun in an old SVT Focus - way slower but way funner. For me, a sporty car should require 100% of your attention to drive with spirit. Some of these new creations just do not seem to ever be on the edge. Might be they are just getting so good that they have pushed the edge way past my comfort zone. Or it may be that the engineers have made sure there is so much understeer/electronic aids included so that tank slappers are just not possible anymore.

Either way, I agree. Older 911s (993 and older) will actively try to kill you if you do not treat them with the respect they deserve! Possibly not for everyone but I really had a lot of fun in my buddies 1979 911.

Cheers,

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 1
Aktavate245.50