11-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMcV3y View Post
I've taken my 100% stock E93 on three track days this year.

Each time I've gotten better lap times.

Until you've bottomed-out and aren't making any improvements, why spend any money for modifications?

At the last track day, I learned enough about the car to start wondering what would be next:

I can tell you, though, that it will be track-only tires. I have 16,000 miles on my 18" wheels and the wear-bars are now flat-on the tire. Basically, they're done. These were Mich PS2's.

Fortunately, previously I bought a set of spare set of 19" wheels/tires, and those are the daily driver as of last week; and I'll buy track-only tires for next season and toss those on the 18" wheels.

So my relatively-inexperienced advise is: keep it stock until you can't get better times; and then get ready to spend money on tires.

Just go have fun!

- V

Great advice. Any idea what tires you're looking at? You should stick to street tires until you max them out before R-compound.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0