Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
I got lucky and found one with my main must haves...
X73 suspension was the hard one....once I found one with that with my other must haves at a price that was right I was on a one way flight the next day.
If I had the money I would probably get the GTS, but My Cayman S is about a PSE short of a GTS basically and I saved about $20k from the next best priced 981 GTS

I think the 981 version with the NA flat six is the one to have personally compared to the newer 718 with the 4 pot turbo... apparently they stopped making the base, S and GTS versions for the US so the only one you can spec and order now is the GT4 and the Spyder.

I would suggest test driving both of them back to back

Like I said, I narrowed my must haves to like 5 things
(color, x73, SD steering wheel, sport Chrono, 20" Carrera S wheels)
and the rest was gravy.

Honestly, the hunt is half the fun....and the best time to buy a car is when you really don't need the car. You can be picky and have the time to find a great deal...by the end of a month or two you'll know what a great deal is when you see it.
I like my cars basically fully loaded and there's only been one Cayman/Boxster GTS that's close to what I want since I've been paying attention since the last year. This car would almost be perfect except I don't want ceramic brakes and I'm not a fan of the turbo wheels. $112,620 original MSRP
Attached Images

Appreciate 0