View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #17
blackbate92m3
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
I know the power of the M3 will get boring to me at some point. I think the issue is the torque. While 400+hp is rather respectable for a daily driver, 295lb-ft of torque just isn't enough in my opinion. I had honestly assumed because it is a BMW that going forced induction would cost $15k-$20k just for the kit. I was rather pleasantly surprised to see that there are several ESS SC setups in the for sale section for $4500-$6500. Very affordable in the future in my opinion.

1. What does going SC on the S65 do in terms of reliability? I know it will obviously lose some reliability, but how much more unreliable would the car realistically be?

2. What about daily driveability? Would the car lose it's daily driveability just because you have all that extra power, or is the power manageable and comfortable to live with on a daily basis?

3. What are the SC'd owners doing in terms of extra maintenance? (by extra, I mean in addition to the 7500mile oil changes that most owners do). Are even more frequent than 7500mile oil changes required?

4. What about preventative maintenance? What would be some good items to consider before going SC?

5. Besides a typical ESS SC kit from the for sale section for $5000 or so, software and install (which I would most likely do myself) what would be required or recommended? How much would I expect to spend going FI in the S65 including a low mile used ESS SC kit, software and install, ready to drive?

Thanks for the help in advance. I won't be going SC anytime soon, just seeing if it is in the realm of possibility a couple years down the line.

My car has been supercharged for 2 years no issues at all just gotta change spark plugs more often
Appreciate 0