View Single Post
      07-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #68
jid2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 ZCP

Ended up draining the radiator once and refilled with water and water wetter, wasn't able to do multiple purges. So I at least got a higher water concentration.

Did another track day yesterday in serious heat for the Northwest, air temperature was 96F or so. Car was getting hot really quick in the heat of the day - was climbing near the 300 degree mark for oil temperature after about 4 laps, at which point I would do a cool down lap. Maybe I should have just kept pushing to see if I was actually running into the errors still.

I also noticed the shifting slow down on the DCT in the last session, again no errors, but there was a delay in shifting of about a half second.

Generally speaking it seems like these cars struggle keeping cool. Maybe a vented hood would help a bit. I'll likely do another water only purge of the radiator.
2012 E92 M3 ZCP MCS 2WR coilovers 600F/900R, Performance Friction ZF54 front BBK, stainless lines, Ferodo DS 2500 rear pads, Hotchkins F/R swaybars, solid subframe mounts, BE Bearings, ARP rod bolts, Bimmerworld motor mounts, AFe intake, underdrive, CSF radiator, GT4 front lip (ebay), APR GT 500, ebay side skirts, RaceEng tug, 15mm/10mm spacers on ZCP wheels, Apex ARC 8 18x10 square track wheels with Pirelli 265 DH slicks
Appreciate 0