View Single Post
      05-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #25
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

I park in a 10-level parking garage downtown for work. Some ground rules have developed over time:

- Spaces get noticeably wider on floors 8-10, so I go all the way up there, even if there's some room on lower floors.
- I always park in an interior row away from the edges of the structure. I've found that those who park on edges don't park nearly as well as those who don't (Odd, this. Not sure how to explain it.). This is also where the 'Compact' spaces tend to be, even if they're not marked as such (and no one pays attention to that anyway, right?)
- I almost never, EVER park on the left side of a coupe, no matter how nice it is. Longer, wider, heavier doors can wreak havoc on my passenger side bodywork.
- I currently drive a Cayman. A group of four cars typically gets to work at roughly the same time: mine, a C7 'vette, a 2017 Miata, and a launch-edition Alfa Giulia QV. We routinely park next to each other when possible because the pride is assumed and respected. I've only seen the Miata owner, and never talked to any of them.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50