997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRFNUGN View Post
Am I missing something here....?
Yes, I would say that you are missing something (t)here..allow me to explain:

I am well aware that just because you have 900 hp opposed to 90 it does not mean that stepping on the gas ever so slightly will send you launching into a telephone pole at 100 mph because you can't keep the wheels from spinning. Don't be ridiculous.

When I refer to "daily driveability", I am referring to the comfort of driving a car that will do 0-60 in <4.0 seconds, and run a 1/4 mile in <11.5 seconds. You, or anyone else would be lying if you said that driving a car with 500+hp and 400+ torque does not demand some level of restraint, discipline and patience. It can be very easy to get into the throttle too much at the wrong time. So my question wasn't "if I SC my M3, will all that extra power prevent me from keeping the back end straight when I take off from a light". It was more along the lines of "does owing a SC M3 take away from some of the practicality of driving it as a daily mode of transportation given that you are constantly having to be aware of the fact you have 500+ hp under the hood.

Are you tracking now? Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpilot View Post
OP, if you are not going SC any time soon, leave stock power alone. Dont waist your money on anything else. Why? Because you will not notice any more power almost at all on s65 engine. Save your money and go SC when ready. But i have to warn you, when you install that SC, you will wish you did it sooner. I know i did.
As far as driveability, there is no evidence of SC presence untill 3500 rpm, car behaves as stock, untill you push it into higher rpm.
Reliability of ESS kits is exellent, thats why there are so many of those are sold worldwide. Will it increase engine wear? Probably, but if you change your oil every 3K miles, spark plugs every 10K miles, use high quality fuel(i only put shell or chevron 93 octane unleaded in my cars), SC oil every 7,500 miles, SC filter once a year, let engine warm up and dont push it till engine oil reaches operating temp. and you dont drive like a maniac all the time, s65 engine should be good for a long time. There are lots of SCed s65 engines with high mileage still going strong.
And dont let anyone tell you that SC will increase possibility of rod bearings failure, there is no documented evidence of that.
Thank you for this straight forward answer. Answered almost all of my questions. And thank you to all the other serious answers. Like I said, I will not be SC'ing for a while. It was just a thought I was toying with. I have a feeling the 414hp the car already has will be enough for me for awhile, though in the future I would like to go SC as I really think the car lacks torque.
Appreciate 0