View Single Post
      03-21-2008, 02:30 AM   #5
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Nice review, the accolades keep piling up. The most interesting points to me were (not in any particular order):

1. Worst gearbox rating. Hard to believe they did not nail the gearbox as well as they could have.
2. Worst ride by far. The adjustability of the suspension should have made this not the case.
3. Total dominance on steering, brakes and handling. Nice.
4. Weight as tested, 3960. This sucker is 2 full tons. I guess we have to get used to the idea that engineering can seriously "hide" mass from a handling perspective. Impressive.
5. Explanation of track times. Even the Nissan engineer said "we don't defy physics with the GT-R, we just apply it properly". However, despite this retort directly attacking the skeptics/attackers of the car, it was noted that the ATTESA system as well as the GT-R's "STICKY TIRES" contributed to its lap times. Again my suspicion is here (as it has been all along) that these tires are MPSC sticky or better. We all know how key tires are on a track and this is surely part of the magic here.
That weight is just ridiculous. 3960! Don't mean to bring it up again, but i'm almost starting to really have doubts about the 480hp rating.

Last edited by gbb357; 03-21-2008 at 03:10 AM.