Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
I am interested to hear from Owners who gave those hard to remove marks on the paint. Having tracked my car I have a few marks which I assume are from tires chunks. I am currently using the Swissvax line and they have not been able to remove these marks. I did a test spot with clay bar and it seemed to help, unfortunately I would not recommend it as there is too much rubbing involved. Fortunately 70% of my car is covered in Xpel Stealth.

What is everyone else using for those hard to remove spots?
FMLYSDN, where and how do you place your track day number on your frozen car? Do you go with the standard blue tape or a vinyl decal?
Currently using painters tape on the window. I have a set of magnetic numbers coming that I will be placing on the front doors. I will ensure that they are cleaned before placing them on.

There is a number of people I see using electrical tape in their paint. I cringe everyone I see this. Or the gentleman who owns a Ferrari 488 and cleans his car by wiping the paint after every session with a cloth. I can only imagine how bad that is for the paint when he is rubbing brake dust into the clearcoat.

Yikes
Ok, painters tape on window sounds like the least intrusive and safest way. I'm considering getting a set of vinyl decals for the small windows.

Do you think the magnetic numbers might scratch the paint underneath?
I don't think they would. As long as the surface is clean.
Appreciate 0