View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 04:37 PM   #13
statik
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3, 2017 RS3, 2013 BRZ

Post 1/4/20, 57,020 miles: Bimmerworld X Pipe, new oxygen sensors, Alpine MSS Stage 2 tune

Time to uncork that V8! I paired the existing Dinan catback with a Bimmerworld catless X pipe and an Alpine MSS Stage 2 tune.

Since the car is 10 years old and I have no history of the oxygen sensors being replaced, I purchased all 4 from FCP Euro and installed them at the same time.

I love the sound but fitment wasn't without some issues.

The passenger side required some really long hardware at the header flange that was not provided. The stock hardware could not be used due to the distance between the 2 flanges. I called bimmerworld and they had little to say on the matter other than "that's weird". Note: I know the gasket looks out of position, trust me it was not interfering with the fitment at all.

Additionally, the secondary oxygen sensor bung on the driver side was angled so high that it was touching the frame. Fortunately we had a spare J pipe lying around so that solved that problem without much effort. Still, not what I expected for $1k.

Quick sound clip here, personally I love how it sounds. Tone is high, rasp is minimal, light throttle is quiet, under WOT its loud enough but very conservative for a catless setup.

Last edited by statik; 01-13-2020 at 04:43 PM..
Appreciate 2