brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by admator View Post
Hi guys,

i have E60 2006 with retrofited CIC with Combox. I installed Andream CarPlay, but iDrive knob does not work.

Connection1:
When is iDrive knob connected like normal, can only control CIC. (can't turn on carplay)

Connection2:
When is iDrive knob connected thru the wires from Carplay unit, does not work at all... (the backlight is also off)

CarPlay turns on automatically when a key is inserted but it cannot be controlled. I also connected iPhone and navi is working but cant do any move in CarPlay.. Would anyone please help? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.
I don't think we've seen much regarding Andream in this thread.. in your phone's carplay settings does it show as Limcet, GPLink, or something else?

The Kremersino unit that's popular in this thread has a wiring harness which taps into the bottom of the iDrive controller, and you hold "Menu" on the iDrive controller to switch between the factory iDrive and the Carplay interface.

The inability to control the carplay unit via the iDrive controller reminds me of the Kremersino v2 when they sent the updated cable.. you had to first update the MCU firmware, then install the updated cable (otherwise the iDrive controller wouldn't work to control carplay).
Appreciate 0