View Single Post
      01-31-2024, 11:00 PM   #39
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Gee, not much with proper horsepower pounds around all days from the factory like a Porsche. Yeah you can load up a Camaro or Mustang but big dollars, a base 911 or Caymen is ready to do basic track work.
Enter the Camaro 1LE

Your statement is pretty ridiculous IME. Yes, porsches are great at the track. I've witnessed this myself. They are made to be run over and over again. They love it and come back for more. And so does my Camaro. It handles excellent and is fun as hell. Mustangs have had a lot more trouble coming up with track-able versions that have adequate cooling, suspension, steering response, tires/wheels, brakes, etc., but Camaro was there all along with 1LE, ZL1 and ZL1 1LE. I have much respect for the Porsches and I see cars at our events that are obviously all "show" and no go. There have been some Mustang exceptions, except for the transmission, even the last generation BOSS was a pretty amazing car that could hang, but a lot of their stuff has simply not been "serious" like a 1LE, for track use. It's not a good comparison.

Last edited by RM7; 01-31-2024 at 11:06 PM..
Appreciate 0