View Single Post
      10-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #8
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Sorry, I promised a reply by Wednesday, but I've been out driving.

The Individual HighEnd Audio package is a good deal. I really am glad that I went with this option.

Not that I have had the pleasure of testing all the OEM installed audio systems out there, but I can easily say that this is the best OEM system that I have heard. It definitly can not be compared to the H/K system in the E46 as it is much better than in my 330i.

The sound is very clear, even when driving on bad tarmac. In my previous car I would have to turn off or play very load to cancel out the tire noise when driving on the same roads.

During cruising speed the engine is hardly noticeable - unfortunately - In other words: No issues there, and speach on radio is clear even on low volumes.
I played some strange Jazz with some weird details in the background and could identify the same sounds in the car as at home, many systems fail to present these details clearly.

On some kinds of music the midrange leave me wanting more, but on other cd's I'd like less. Which leaves me to belive that this has more to do with the sound quality on the cd than the system, but can leave you wanting more (or less) if you prefer that kind of music. Still, I guess it is possible to dive into iDrive or something and fine tune base/mid/treble, but I have not tried that yet.