Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard@M-World View Post
You will have to talk to GC on this.

One more thought: your car's a DD, correct? For a hybrid set up I typically recommend around -2.2 degrees of front camber, beyond which you may get a lot of inner edge wear on the highway.

So, unless you want to significantly add negative camber every time you go to the track (which I generally don't recommend unless you have a precise way of measuring camber), there may not be a need to have the adjustment range of the GC plates, since according to Dinan it already adds -0.7 degrees of negative camber to stock.
Is there anything obvious that would prevent me from shaving down the bottom? But I'll give them a call.

My M3 will be taking over dual duty as my E46 gets older and is eventually retired to street duty only. I have vorshlag plates on my 330 which go from about -3.7 for the track to about -1.7 for the street from max to min.

Not sure if I'll get the same optimal setup with the GC plates going from min to max but I don't see why I can't mark the plates for street and track settings.

I think I've seen as much as -2.5 with the dinan plates...not sure what the toe settings were. Its probably a little too much for the street and not enough for the track...so where's the benefit? I just see the dinan plates causing more wear on the street while not significantly reducing wear on the shoulders of the tires. At that point, I'd just rather stay at the OEM settings and occasionally murder the outsides of my tires at the track.

I'm really leaning towards the GC plates so I can have 2 optimal settings for track or street use. This is not just for camber but also for an increase in toe out when going from min to max camber...and vice versa. I'm sure these plates will pay for themselves after about 3-4 weekends in increased tire life.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0