View Single Post
      11-16-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
dbarnes thanks for the insight...but one clarification. What excactly where u saying here: " increase rear tire pressure or decrease front tire pressure to reduce oversteer, and decrease rear tire pressure or increase front tire pressure to reduce understeer" ??

Seems the two statements contradict each other unless I'm reading it wrong.
No. Assuming you have your "hot" tire pressures dialed in, not "cold", and the handlling is off then to reduce (dial out) understeer or oversteer you would adjust the tire pressures as listed above. The difference being "hot" vs "cold" and "fine tuning" of the handling characteristics. You still first need to figure out what "cold" F and R tire pressures to start with. I left this out because I assumed people would read the article.

BTW, the delta psi I posted above is "cold" and on a dedicated track car so I would not recommend anyone use that as a starting point.

Also, PSC tires can easily handle over -3 deg of neg camber and perform extremely well, even without shaving. I certainly would not recommend over -2.5 deg for a street tire.
Appreciate 0