View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #66
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2iceman View Post
Looking into getting f14s (had them in bronze burst on my 370z in 19x9f on 275 tires, 19x11 rears SDC on 305, loved them) for my e90 this summer. I'm on stock suspension, don't want to lower it. Using an online offset calculator, if I wanted to match the "flushness" of oem 220m with 15/12mm spacers, I calculated the following:
Fronts: 19x9.5 +27
Rears: 19x10.5 +24

As for tires, I'll go with the minimum width required for the rim width, while being as close in diameter as the oem set up.

So are my numbers right? Ie they'd match/work just like oem style 220 with 15/12mm spacers? I searched and searched and can't seem to find a "standard" set up for aftermarket wheels on stock suspension for the e90 (found plenty for e92).
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2iceman View Post
Thanks for the reply. From seeing photos of oem 220 with 15mm/12mm, looks very flush front and back. So if I went with 9.5 front +20 offset, wouldn't that be equivalent to a 22mm spacer up front on the oem 220 wheels? (15mm spacer plus 7mm since +20 offset on 9.5 sticks out 7mm further than the 27 offset I calculated for a matching 9.5).

My goal is to achieve similar flushness as the 15/12mm setup on oem 220m wheels. I can't seem to find anyone who's gone with similar width/offsets as what I've calculated, probably because most lower their car with aftermarket wheels haha

If that is the case, any wheel experts able to confirm my numbers would match the oem 220m set up with spacers?
You want SDC, right? Read my post right above yours:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
Per Forgestar - the highest offset you can get on the front to clear the brake calipers with SDC is 19x10 +20 or 19x9.5 +13. Anything higher and you lose SDC which is the main appeal of these wheels. Mine just barely poke out with 275 PS4S tires and -1.6 camber, definitely less than half an inch. A lot of people run these with aftermarket suspension and I have yet to see anybody talk about cracked fenders. You could just get some camber plates and dial in more camber, around -2.0 should eliminate any poke you are seeing. A 265 tire would also help, but then the fender gap would be more pronounced on stock suspension due to less sidewall.

I'm very happy with the fitment of my 19x10 +20 fronts and 19x11 +33 rears. Wouldn't have it any other way.
No need to do math when there are literally only two sizes that will fit in the front due to the concavity of the wheel. You have much more flexibility in the rear.