02-25-2011, 04:05 AM   #61
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious View Post
You guys are forgetting that BMW was offering $7500 trunk cash in 07 and people were buying mz4's brand new for $40,000 (some as low as $38,000).

If 07's are still hovering around $30k average, thats only a 25% drop in depreciation over 4 years which is stronger than any M3. Yes if you bought an 06 or 08 for near sticker you got screwed but when most of the cars were sold with a bunch of trunk cash obviously the used value must reflect that.
I'm sorry to go back to a slightly older topic here.... but WHAT??!?! BMW was offering a 7500 credit towards the purchase of a z4m? Is that for real? or am I missing something?

If that was the case, I'm shocked that this car didn't sell much more than it did - such a beautiful car.

Let me offer this suggestion. Keep the z4m - it truly is one of BMWs finest designs in the past 20 years, and will be a true collector's piece given its very finite production numbers. Though you might feel that it would be more "logical" to get rid of the z4m, something tells me you will look back on your logic with a great deal of regret. Consider this - keep the z4m and sell the 5 series. Use the proceeds of the sale to purchase a new car using the BMW select program - which allows you not only lease like payments, but also the ability to capitalize on the spectacular purchase interest rates available at the moment (.9%) - rates the like of which you can't currently get from a BMW lease at the moment. If after the term of the Select financing ends you realize you like this car more than the z4m - you THEN sell the z4m to pay off the balloon. And if you decide you'd rather keep the z4m, sell the 'new' car to pay of its balloon - knowing that you enjoyed a brand new daily driver for several years with lease-like payments. Win win. (You could even do this on a European Delivery.. win win win)

- esquire

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0