View Single Post
      12-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

I'm a huge HRE fan but they are not at the same level as BBS when it comes to the quality of their forging. The reason that I would (and have) gone with HRE is the ability to customize size, offset, and finish. I have also chosen a less expensive HRE wheel (R40's) which are significantly cheaper than BBS FI's. With BBS you are limited to a couple of colors and their chosen offsets. Unfortunately the offsets currently offered for the 19" BBS FI frankly suck (19 x 9.5 et 28 and 19 x 10.5 et 23). The fronts are too conservative and the rears are too aggressive for 295's. All that being said, I would have a hard time spending $2k+ on any wheel and if I did I would want the very best which would steer me towards BBS.... But I wouldn't want the 19" FI's because the offsets suck. The 18" BBS FI's are available in better offsets.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0