View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

My '08 has 50K miles (mostly highway). The PO only washed it at the dealership (known for causing paint damage) and automatic car washes (evident from the wheel damage). On the bumper, the rock chips are only small dents, the paint is still there. There are rock chips on the hood where paint is missing. They are small though. My previous 350Z had much larger chips (both aluminum hoods BTW). I just detailed it last weekend (wash, clay, polish with Meg's 205) and it came out great. It looks like a new car.

This may not be relevant but I also have an '84 E30 with 200K miles that's got the original single stage alpine white paint. The car was not babied but despite that the paint looks great. I love the old paint in fact.

I've been impressed with BMW paint thus far. I will say this though, the E9X cars have HORRIBLE orange peel. Horrible, the worst I've ever seen. It looks like something that should come on a GM rental car.