persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
car show points:

mind you... this is a bullshit point system. car shows are usually won through politics. anyone who's been in the industry knows this.

i talked to my buddy who was also a judge for Vision Entertainment car shows back in the day: he doesn't have the list but he remembers the breakdown somewhat:

Generally body modifications are worth the most... body: lip kit (5 points), body kit (10 points), wild out kit (20 points), full custom kit (30 points), full custom kit with STEEL wide body (40 full points)... full points came from paint quality, to how the car looked and how well the kit went with the car.
engine: how many mods (points per bolt-on mod... if you did internal engine work which can't be verified, dyno's are usually posted to prove somewhat... maybe a max of 10-15 points)... if you did a crazy engine swap (around 20 points MAX, depending on how much custom work etc.)
entertainment aka ICE in-car electronics: usually depended on how many TVs, amplifiers, lighting, jammers and other stuff.

those were the MAIN categories but like i said: it's all politics. the car shows usually have 20+ judges going around judging the cars. But let's say there is a Nissan Category: most like Ben Abutin will win with his Powerhouse Twin Turbo 350Z reppin Auto Concept Elite because he makes crazy power, chromed practically everything, turbo charged the car and built the motor, custom widebody, custom wheels, custom Japanese Grand Touring Wide Body, Custom wing, custom suspension, crazy electronics. Even though he DOES have all that stuff done he has flaws in the paint. last i saw the car had a crack on the widebody and he still won the car show... why, you ask?... POLITICS. there were cleaner, just as crazy Nissans in the category but Ben knew all the judges and that is likely why they over-looked the crack in the wide body.
Politics is every where...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
of course i do... they're still good people. nothing has changed.

I keep more in touch with Christine Mendoza cause we have the same God-daughter and her parents live down the street from me lol.

Franny got her first boob job back in 97, i believe. At the time she was known by her real name Dychiuchay but she shortened it to Dee since most people can't pronounce it. She got a second boob job around the time i first met her. She shot at my house a few years ago along with the car from Tokyo Drift at the end of the movie.

Lisa Kaye... i practically discovered her at The Hop in Long Beach when she had just started modeling. We shot her for zoomx.com back in the day and brought her to a few shows and she blew up after that.

Sasha was always a big name when i met her... never got to know her well but she's fucked over a few of my friends in the industry. plus she a coke head now hahaha.

models come and go... some are serious. some aren't. i can tell who is serious and who isn't when i meet them for interviews and such. there's one girl that just posted a status update on facebook that i met a few weeks ago. she's totally a wannabe model. she's not gonna go anywhere in the scene. puahahaha

I <3 models haha
Appreciate 0