10-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #17
dantm3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXiMUS View Post
LOL, as an owner of two E92 M3's and an F80 Competition, I respectfully disagree with you.

The F80 is a massive improvement in every objective category, not just a small upgrade but a huge leap in handling, power and performance. As I sit here and ponder what my E92 does better, the only thing I can really think of is ride comfort. Sound-wise I kinda enjoy the S55 a little better, I guess I've never been a big fan of V8s which is ironic since I own two of BMW's great V8s, the S65 and S62. Maybe that's why I went through soooo many exhaust setups on my E92s. BMW's are known for making some of the best straight 6 engines and I'm glad they went back to their roots for the F80 and the future G80.

I can see why some would prefer the E92 though, it has a unique character, it's more comfortable, better insulated, it has the V8 rumble if you're into V8 sounds and feels like a heavy GT cruiser on the highway. The F80 feels raw and harsh, nimble with face-ripping power and razor handling, how an M car should be and just how I like it.

I have owned both and can agree with both sides of the argument. If there was 1 car for everyone, then there would not be automaker building one car. The F80 is amazing, but my whole plan is to get into a commuter and have an e90 (due to price point) as a fun car. I have lowered price on my car and still open to offers.
Appreciate 0