View Single Post
      02-23-2024, 09:10 PM   #4
AP-M3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Why did you lose your parking brake? A picture of the rotors shows there’s a parking drum on the backside of the rear rotor hats. Is the parking brake drum not the correct diameter for the shoes?

A long brake pedal could be due to air still in the brake lines and/or air in the ABS/DSC system. Additionally, if the piston areas in the new kit brake calipers are much larger than the stock caliper piston areas, you’ll get a pedal with a really long travel before the pads clamp down on the rotors. Once the pads finally clamp the rotors, you should get good braking performance at that point. Air in the system and/or ABS/DSC system can be addressed with further brake bleeding and/or cycling of the ABS/DSC system. However, there’s not much you can do to address the long pedal if it’s due to mismatched piston areas.

A rock solid brake pedal that requires absurdly high pedal force typically is due to the piston areas of the new kit calipers being too small compared to the stock caliper piston areas. There’s nothing you can do to address this. It doesn’t sound like it’s the pads because you’d get bite from the pads after a long pedal.

It’s strange that you’re getting both a long pedal and a rock solid pedal. Can’t explain that one.

I’d recommend returning them or talking to your CC company because it sounds like you were sold a kit not properly developed for the e9x M3. The add is also misleading by saying things are “new” and still in “sealed packaging” yet then they say “refurbished/powdercoated” Brembo calipers. In the pictures, the [...]
-No idea why I lost the parking brake..makes no sense to me.

-Yes i’m going to rebleed the whole system again tommorow and give an update.

-I only got the rock solid pedal feel after aggressive braking. Other than that normal driving it’s just extremely soft..having to press 70% into the brake pedal before it brakes and when it does it doesn’t feel confident it feels like I have drum brakes on🤣

-I’ve seen other people put this kit on and have no problems..if this problem persist i’m going to have it returned.

Thanks for your reply I greatly appreciate it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0