View Single Post
      08-09-2019, 11:09 AM   #1308
fsmtnbiker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evora S, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
I looked at the track records awhile back. As I recall, your TT3 times are better than the TT2 times! Very nice! I didn't realize an E36 chassis had done that. Great stuff. In the video you linked, I love how fluid you are at the limit with the countersteers. Very natural.

So, you still have the E36, but it needs a new drivetrain?

Thinking about going to High Plains tomorrow (Friday). Always fun to put some laps in there. Been staying away from the CA heat.
Yeah, there wasn’t ever a super-serious TT2 build locally that I recall. TT1 has only recently been fast with Val, Hsun and Isaac in their C6Z’s. I really miss running the E36, as you note it was setup really well and easy to drive right on the hairy edge. The S54 that was in it expired, and I started to go down the LS swap road. Then I moved to CA and that got mothballed - I have another E36 with a built S52 in it that I might just swap in, it should be 280-290whp and it would be a really competitive TT3 car again. Given the lack of (affordable) shop and garage space out here the chances of me doing anything more exciting are pretty slim.

I miss being able to go to HPR on any given Friday and get a bunch of open laps in. It’s not quite as close or cheap to do that here in the Bay!
Appreciate 0