View Single Post
      07-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #13
turbo_joe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

I bought this setup a couple weeks ago and love it. For anyone that tracks their car the data this setup can collect for you is amazing.

The plug and play kit is worth it for me. The kit is easy to install and you can very easily remove everything and go back to stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
FYI - the plug and play harness that m-world sells separately is a completely new AIM harness modified to become PnP. That's why it's so expensive when buying separately as they are buying a whole new harness (which comes with the AIM at the regular price). I made my own plug and play and it was a bit of a hassle but not super hard. I agree that it's a good value to just buy the package from M-world along with the unit. I don't believe (based on the DIY link above) that M-world includes an add-a-fuse to hard wire the power. This is something I highly recommend doing as the unit's battery doesn't last very long.

The M-world harness did not include an add-a-fuse to tie in power but the harness does have the +/- wires ready to go and even tells you what empty fuse spot you can pull power from and where to ground the harness.

I picked up an add-a-fuse wire from autozone ($6) and that was the only thing needed.