Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Second Car- NOT Known whether Barbera Red or Indianapolis Red

Definitely that's Barbera Red. I'm looking at pics I took of an Indianapolis Red E92 M3 I saw at a local Cars and Coffee Meet a few weeks ago on my iPhone and it looks way different compared to the Barbera Red. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but of all the reds I still like Melbourne the best... not sure why, but that color really appeals to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Thanks for the thorough response, esquire. Good discussion. Oh, and yes, I was talking about the older E92, not the new E90 with the owner verifying the color (and the story behind it).

I agree with your analysis of the color. Studying it more now I am more convinced it is indeed Barbera than I originally had been. Still, it would be nice to know for sure. This topic has spilled into a separate thread now, BTW. I think someone is considering trying to order Indianapolis, and wants to see it on an M3. Either way, not sure if BMW will allow it or not. Its sound like "no" according to folks who seem to be in the know. If so, that's too bad as I like the color more than Barbera.
If you'd like, PM me your cell number and I'd be happy to text you the pics of the Indianapolis E92 M3 I took from my iPhone a few weeks ago.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0