s0ldats
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 stripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitriyo View Post
nothing pro here hah..

some thoughts:
I didnt want to drain everything as coolant is fairly fresh, in hindsight shouldve just yanked the right hoses to get the fan shroud out for more room.

If you can do that - do that. Only thing is some of those hoses are really hard to remove with the way BMW has those plastic fittings. I was worried about breaking them.

If you get the fan shroud out, loosening the tensioner on the forward belt is easier, and then getting the other belt managed is easier as well.

Only annoying thing is that the water pump pulley is so tight against an oil line that you cant get the belt by. Before you do anything, loosen the water pump pulley bolts, while everything is under tension. Then you can get the belt out, then you get the pulley out (still had to disconnect a small coolant line) and then get to the water pump.

Do the thermostat too while you are at.. i didnt do it on mine, but you are so far along, that it makes sense.

Just get that fan out.. saves a lot of cursing.
this helps immensely, thank you!

when you did the CSF upgrades, did you also open the block drain coolant passages in the back of the block or just whatever drained out from the front end?
Appreciate 0