View Single Post
      02-24-2021, 02:30 AM   #94
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Did this conversion during latter half of 2019, although without trailing arm and lower camber arm bearings. Along with powerflex black (monroe actually) upper shock mounts, solid subframe.. car is transformed, and that's coming from something with N54 spastic tq delivery, wheelbase etc. Still can be driftastic at the demand of my right foot but with far more precision, confidence and response.

OEM M arms tend to be lighter as well than aftermarket offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Just installed the BimmerWorld rear camber arm bearing kit. The outer sleeve slides in freely by hand and needs to be tack welded to the subframe. Also pressed out the rear trailing arm bushing on the subframe (inboard) side and pressed in the Meyle spherical bearings. No drama, and no NVH to speak of. Haven't driven the car hard so can't comment on any differences yet.

The stock rubber bushes were in surprisingly good shape despite having 137k kms on them. The rear camber arm bush was compressed slightly on one side probably due to the weight of the car, but otherwise looks to be in good shape. It wasn't dried out or brittle.

Also pressed the Meyle bearings into the wishbones and guide rods. Again, no complications - they went in straight and smooth. Will find some time to get the arms installed soon together with new wheel bearings.
Did you have to drop the fuel tank?

If you guys are in a bind, maybe I can ship my Meyle set but I bet it'll be shipping prohibitive. But, this is one reason I don't like your local vendors. Salesmen at best with weak engineering. It's a shame Schirmer took note with their garbage launch.