View Single Post
      07-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #60
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
man that sucks! glad you are ok! what are you going to do for a next car? you should go for the e92 m3!
I'm debating, and want to see what insurance gives me.

I'm kinda down to:

S2000+Turbo with newish Camry :-D

E46 M3 + money in the bank (and maybe into this low, low market...)

Z4MC + used Camry

E92 M3

Loved my 1er, but with the deals going on the M3, it's tough to ignore. I don't think the M is $25,000 better. However, I do think it's $10,000-$15,000 better.

That's getting a bit ahead of things.

Dmboone25, show her the pics. I am COMPLETELY unscathed, which is unreal. A telephone pole is about the worst stationary object you can hit, also. TONS of point force. I think only a tree would be worse. I'm pretty confident I would have walked away if I hit it at highway speeds, but I certainly never want to find out.

I'll definitely be sending some letters/pics in to Roundel and the BMW CCA rag! Safety is important, and I think the car performed unreasonably well. Absolutely 0 intrusion into the passenger compartment in that kinda crash is crazy. Windshield wasn't even cracked, nor was the dash. Seeing it in person is more impressive, because it's tough to capture scale... the indentation in the front end is impressively deep.

At any rate, I'll see if I can dig up info on the wrecker for you guys. Nothing in the engine is good, and I'd put money on the tranny being shot (petty sure I saw tranny fluid on the ground), but there are three good wheels, brakes are probably all good, along with the interior bits. Spare tire is ok also!
Appreciate 0