Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
Rolf - The parts dept called Alpina & was told they do not have the wheels in M3 offset. They do sell them in 3 Series offset & for the 8X19 & 9X19 they cost 2388 Euro with Vat. Without Vat it's 2007 Euro or ~ $2630 USD, which is less than I expected. They have a 3 series B3 Bi-Turbo convertible, coupe & wagon Alpina on the floor. I took a couple crappy cell phone pics of the Silver & Black wheels on them & will post later - Took a couple of pics of the Black 7 series wheels also.

Found out BBS makes the wheels for Alpina. It's stamped inside the hub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Rolf-Dieter, call Nate at iND... he can find anything and everything! He has amazing contacts all over Germany. I'll ask around when I'm in Germany visiting my parents next month as well - Alpina is just around the corner from them.
Thanks again for your help fellows, perhaps you can do a small follow up for me.

So I found out that the BMW Dealership do not recommend the rims (apparently the offset is not the same, I won;d have expected that). I know from experience asking my local BMW Dealer last fall about spacers for my now 18 inch winter wheel set there reply is simply "we don't recommend spacers" So I assume all they want is to sell me the BMW wheels.

Also I found out that Alpina has the "Turbine Wheels" I mentioned above in my original post made at BBS.

I also know that plenty of folks out there use spacers and extended wheel bolts/studs and nuts to make up for the difference of the spacer addition when they install after market wheels.

I am almost certain that the bolt pattern of the M3 and the 3 Series are the same so why will BMW/Alpina not sell me the Turbine Wheels.

Can I ask you Moxie & SehrSchnell, if you should have the opportunity to be at the showroom to ask a knowledgeable individual this question.

"Can the Alpina 19 inch wheels be mounted on a M3 with extended wheel studs using spacers?"

No worries If you don't get the opportunity, I shall then persue it when I am in Europe later this year, there is no rush. I just like to get those wheels.

Thanks in advance fellows.

Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

PS Here is what I got back from Germany ....

Good morning,

Sorry, my information was really dated.
Please be informed that the 19 inch rims for BMW E92 are not available for the E92 M3. They won't fit because of different offsets etc.

I hope this information will help you.
If any further questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

With best regards,

Daniela

ALPINA Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH + Co. KG
Alpenstraße 35-37
D - 86807 Buchloe

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 05-15-2012 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 0