10-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
bunny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

How important is service vs price?

Hello,

I've been working with a nearby BMW dealership on buying the E92 M3 and it will be the first time I'm purchasing a brand spankin' new car from a dealership. In the past, I have always bought used cars and didn't care much for service or where I take my car to get it serviced. With the M3, it will be different.

My experience with this dealership has been superb so far... excellent service, really friendly people, and they're just on top of things. The guy I've been working with has spent a lot of time with me during my last two test drives and answered all my questions to help me make my decision. He never pressured me and has treated me with great respect. I can't say I had the same experience when I visited the Mercedes, Audi, and Porsche dealerships. Most places don't seem to take me seriously when I walk through the door

Now to the price... the best they're willing to offer me $3K over invoice because they stand behind their level of service. Their customer service already speaks for itself, but they offer other perks, such as free loaner cars, car washes, shuttle service, and car storage. I haven't done a lot of research on what other dealerships offer, but this seems great.

My question, is this really all worth it? Paying the extra price to get a great level of service and convenient perks? Perhaps it's not worth the $2,500 price difference, but I might be willing to pay more if this place is going to provide me top quality service when my car needs to be serviced. I received a better quote ($600 over invoice) from somewhere much further away, but it seems the only thing I will get out of it is a cheaper price.

What are your thoughts?
Appreciate 0