View Single Post
      07-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Sean@VF-Engineering.com
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow German made car

Cool VF-Engineering E92M3 "stealth fighter" demo car build up

This is my first post as a sponsor for this forum. Sorry that I do not yet have my sponsorship title yet added. I have PM'd Bfoster for some help.

VF supercharged E46 M3s are a highly popular phenomenon. Using our formula for product design, our engineers have been delivering rock solid supercharger systems for over 12 years. After all, all they do is develop supercharger systems! The decision to develop a product for the latest M3 was easy.

If you happen to live in Orange County California, you may have seen our car flying up and down the 405 or 5 freeway? No ? Ok,, then we are going to unravel it all here in this thread! Or you can come and visit us, at our newly renovated development facility at the address on our website.

The purpose of this car, is to destruction test our supercharger system that has been in development/testing since Dec 08, and have a little fun to share with the forum!

Name:  VF1.jpg
Views: 15461
Size:  46.7 KB

Date acquired: Dec 08
Model year: 2008
Original color: Space Grey Metallic
Transmission: DCT
Mileage when new: 58 miles
Mileage when supercharged: 1200 miles
Current mileage: 7852 miles (06/03/09)

Name:  VF2.jpg
Views: 14462
Size:  570.0 KB
This is a 100% unfinished photo with no rendering or visual effects. Only logo added.

Chapter 1: Bodywork

Our car was torn down at about 2500 miles by Nate & Rett, owners of
http://www.candccollision.com

The car started off life a "Space Grey Metallic". Being the non-moonroof option, it has the factory carbon fiber roof. Vorsteiner provided the trunk lid, front and rear valances. All the trims we removed and the order was given "Nate, do whatever you want, as long as it is flat".

The C&C team went to work dismantling the car and sanding the gloss clearcoat off everything, including the roof and all the brand new Vorsteiner parts! Most shops would think twice about taking a sheet of sandpaper to a brand new BMW carbon fiber roof on a brand new car, Nate and Rett did not! This was all in their stride and their confidence comes from years of performing work on high end exotics.

After testing a range of products, Nate chose to re-finish the entire car and all trims in a custom flat clear coat. He tested the carbon with the new clear coat and matched a solid color which he used to two-tone the rest of the car. The two-toned areas are predominantly the lower side valances and all the trims. To enhance the look of the factory power bulge Nate applied a "boomerang" design. We will post up several shots of these features over the 4th of July weekend.

Nate and his crew set to work on the car on a Monday and had it ready for collection the following Monday. The results of their hardwork was just jaw dropping. The first fully repainted E92 M3 in the world. The flat black 4 door 335 in Socal is wrapped.

Here is an iso-shot of the VF beast. Thankyou Nate and Rett. More pics to follow.

Name:  VF23jpg.jpg
Views: 105297
Size:  84.4 KB

I will add info to this OP regularly, including a blog of the supercharger development and software testing.

Name:  vf_bmw_ban1_468x60.gif
Views: 5953
Size:  68.0 KB

Todays addition: Toyo R888's mounted to VMR's VB3's

Specs:

Toyo R888 265/30/19 fronts & 295/30/19
VMR VB3 19x9.5 et22 front 19x10 et25 rear

More pictures after mounting today:

Photos updated: 7/23/9
KW-3, Toyo R888's, VMR wheels installed at VF-

Last edited by Sean@VF-Engineering.com; 07-23-2009 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: font TOO big!
Appreciate 0