03-25-2008, 06:16 PM   #1030
bmw-m6
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaham3 View Post
To all,

I purchased my 2008 m3 at bmw of lincoln, so I feel that I must provide a unique point of view that I would like to share. I will keep it short and only to 3 thoughts.

To begin, I have had a purely business relationship with the Catania family on many occasions. The family comes from a hard working class of people. I have represented the family in a number of real estate dealings and know first hand that the family is a down to earth group of people. Fil's (the gm's) father always made sure that I was paid for my efforts and never taken advantage of, though some other real estate folks would like to backdoor most clients. With this, I know that Mr. Catania and his sons know the difference between right and wrong even when the lines are sometimes unclear at best. I personally respect the family very much. So the matter of this all being a big mistake, I hope that is the case and it can be worked through.

Secondly, I understand most people on this board have very little regard for car dealerships and car sales people in general. Our society has painted them both in a negative light. I can only hope that as many people who read and make these posts that at least as many stand up and tell their stories of the positive experiences. Today's car dealers are spending more and more to attract buyers with a product that has an ever greater shrinking margin. One does not need to be an insider to witness this!

Thirdly, The team of people at bwm of lincoln treated me with the greatest amount of respect. I felt like I was a being well treated throughout the purchase process. I know that I was buying a car at the high end of the market, but I believe this group would do the same for the average chevy buyer. The bmw manager went above and beyond my expectation. Both I and they knew that outside their doors, I was just a regular guy, but inside, I was a special buyer. I say this because I witnessed how another buyer was being treated while I was waiting for the my car to be ready. The staff was making sure this man was being made special also.

So, I hope all turns out for the best tomorrow for both parties. Stories like these only take away from the spirit of the brand and the aura of the car.
true that. all it takes is a few rotten apples to spoil the bunch for everyone else, particularly in this profit-driven business.

i've never met the dealers, but so far, the way they've represented themselves, speak VOLUMES. they thought they could pull a fast one (well, 2) by catching someone on ebay, then trying to cover their tracks, and trying to bully a client.

when i was car shopping, a fellow college kid told me something along the lines of :

sure, they'll make you feel number 1, king of kings, give you all the attention ... especially AFTER fleecing you, b/c they know in a few yrs, you'll think of the experience, and come back for another fleecing.

they're supposed to make you feel special, but to them, you're just another dollar sign (chances are how personal is the relationship after a few hours of pressuring you to buy and increase their commission).
Appreciate 0