03-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #108
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayC View Post
Hmm wow I totally forgot about this thread.

I installed a Schroth White Tiger harness for my last track session (last year). Worked like a charm...held me down pretty well. Not entirely sure of the safety aspect though, but it did what it I wanted it to do.

Installed the harnesses to stock seat belt locations except for the left side...I couldn't figure out how to take off the plastic so it's bolted on to one of the bolts holding down the seat. I only use it for the track right now until I can get the time to disassemble the chair.

Front seat installed.

Back seat

Sorry I don't have that many pictures...didn't take the time to document the install.
A word of caution from buying my Rallye 3 from Scroth concerning safety was that they were very specific about connecting the 3 tail strap to the C-pillar shoulder hard point rather than at the seat bottom. This was for the same reason for not installing a Rallye 4 or Profi ASM...the seat has not yet been cleared for this type of angled installation. This is the hold-up for the QuikFit too. This might change soon when they have results in hand - which are a long time coming...