View Single Post
      12-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #135
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Alright so being Canadian, I'm genuinely confused what is up with you guys saying you can't afford a GTR. Most of you on the forum get your cars fully loaded or almost fully loaded (weird IMO). At least in Canada, that puts the M3 right within $5-10K of a GTR.. or in the case of people who suck at negotiations, the exact same as a GTR.

Is the price difference really that much down there? And if you believe the GTR is a better performer, can't you justify the extra few K? Pretty ridiculous that you guys are tossing around how much money each other has. Realistically we could have chosen either car but chose the M3 for VARIOUS REASONS.

Personally I don't get it. I would never really cross shop a GTR and an M3. I've never understood the point of these threads. Either you like NA+RWD or you like FI+AWD. Those are so incredibly different that I think it's pointless to worry about it.

So is this all coming down to track performance arguments? WTF do any of you seriously track that much? Are you REALLY trying to find the best performing track car for over $100,000... lol. Alright. Rant over, continue..

lololol.. wtf. So the GTR laps every circuit faster than an M3 and because of that, the only reason I'm keeping my M3 is because I'm a badge whore? Wow. WOW.

This thread is so beyond senseless it should be moved to OT.

Stefan - you are wasting your time with a select few here that have no other motive being on an M3 forum but to stir up shit. Then there are others like GT3 that actually has a GT-R and provides meaningful dialogue. Lastly, there are some that own a GT-R and are here just to tell us how wonderful their GT-R is and how abysmal our "slow" M3's are.

You make very valid points on the NA RWD vs FI AWD topic. Oddly enough I still think there are plenty that cross shop the two given the backseat and the fact that they offer some level of utlility over a proper two seater.

Personally, I've given the car the credit it deserves. I don't care for it's styling, size and the way it feels. Doesn't mean it isn't a good car. It just means it isn't a good car for me.

As far as price goes...the delta is probably $20K <<<<ON AVERAGE>>>> difference. Most M3's probably come out to be about $70K with options vs $90K for the GT-R. Not an insignificant amount of money. Some could afford a GT-R but opted for the M3 for their own reasons and some probably are stretched at $70K and could't swing the $20K difference.

There are some that have reading comprehension problems here as well. I'm the one that made the tongue in cheek comment about "buying 5 GT-R's" if I wanted to. Just take some of these guys with a grain of salt. You know who they are...it's as plain as the nose on your face what their intent is.
Appreciate 0