View Single Post
      03-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #195
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Current issues:
Widened the rims from 12.5 wide to 14.5" wide by adding a larger 9" outer lip.
the problem was figuring out the tire size with the perfect stretch, I had ordered Vredestein 305/30/19, and they didn't fit.(waste of money/lol they are up for sale right now)$400 takes em.

So the next size up is 315/30 and there are only 2 brands for street tires in that size Michilin pilot sport cup2/Dunlop sportmaxx, so I ordered a set of each, because some tires run wider than others. I tried the Michilins since they were from Tire rack and they fit nicely.
The Dunlop's took 3 weeks to arrive since they came from France/ weird.lol

heres the widened rim(looks like its freaking 16" wide lol)
[IMG][/IMG]

Tires: ( I got a sick deal on these, everywhere I looked they were $500+ and Tire rack happened to have them for $375 and gave me a military veteran discount for $350 each!!

Fit perfect!

The bad news: I was running a bit of poke and planned on taking it straight to camber the wheels in so it would tuck rim as to not mess up the fender, but on the super careful drive home, the only driveway I entered, the rim hit the fender and bent the fender edge and cracked the paint, now I need to take it to be repainted for the 2nd time(same fender/this had happened the first day I got it out of the shop, and it cost me $600 to re-paint)

Anyways, I have the car at WC Motoring, this shop has been the best with wheel/tire mounting and other related services, everyone there is super car knowledgeable and know their stuff and they are super careful with the wheels, which I cant say about other shops. They are installing the front air cup kit as we speak and I had them add the negative camber before I get it repainted. I should be picking the car up again today at 3:30pm.

Ordered the Mach Schnell floor mounts, they should be arriving any time this week, and Ill have them install the new custom Recaro sportster seats!

Last edited by GabeS; 03-23-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0