View Single Post
      02-18-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Monster Widebody E93 M3, All custom, slammed/supercharged/drifted!

I will start slow and add pictures after the text..
This is the car right before going in for surgery:

The car is currently in the shop about half way done but I will start from the begining and make multiple posts with pictures as possible as it goes along.
Other ideas I had for the title of this thread:hoping not to offend anyone but speaking my mind was hard....
Slammed wide beast: The first "real widebody" E93 M3 project
F**k flares!... this is a real widebody M3

I Spent my tour in the Marines in Japan and fell in love with the styling, low/wide/agressive yet sexy looking cars......
I have always turned my cars into widebody's. I guess I'm addicted...

I don't understand how there aren't overfender/widebody options for our cars.( even some simple 50mm wide fiberglass fenders?? really! All these companies making kits and none for BMW's?)
I decided to have my own made to my liking and if it all goes well, we will be mass producing the kit.
Flares can look good, but $13-19k for a set of flares and some aero...is not my style.
The German widebody styling.....is sort of hideous: Vorsteiner looking kits=low boxy flares going around the entire car, sort of GT style.... not my thing...

My favorite and what I call "real widebody's are when the entire fender/quarter panel is widened, sort of gives it a more muscular look. Not just skirts/or pinched flares, or box flares or any sort of flare.. sure it allows for wider wheels but I like when the car it self looks flatter/wider then others from the shoulders down.

I did some of my widebody's myself, but for this one I wanted the best of the best, so I turned to my buddy and owner of
Rays Factory, Rainer Ramolette(Well known fabricator/Driver/competitor) He has built many show/race/drift and street cars. and his personal car has been featured on Superstreet. I have admired his style of builds for years now...
We have very similar vision when building cars, Low/fast sexy, sort of RC car looking, I want my car to look like the toy cars I always dreamed of having!
but he is a master at the craft I just enjoy coming up with the idea/design of the project.
I knew I was going to use him for some of the custom aero/canards/wing/flare etc, and it worked out to have him join my body shop in the entire build in a joint project.
The shop doing the body work/paint is
Mob Customs in Vegas/NV Boj the owner and (TJ)is their welder/fabricator is working hand in hand with Rainier on the body too.
They have done many show cars and custom work too.

now back to the begining of everything.....and Ill add to the thread as the build progresses.

The car started off as a completely stock E93 M3.

I immediately ordered a set of Fortune Auto Coilovers, and a set of upgraded springs from my buddy Leonard at Swift Springs. valved for much stiffer springs since the car would be sitting lower then your usual fan boi ...rofl... I know that ticks people off...

Did you say low? yess.. and The silver car is my girlfriend Janet's car, She loves low fast wide cars too and is slowly styling her own car after mine.

For the last many years I have been listening to Meisterschaft exhausts video clips and knew one day I would get my own.
I got the Titanium GT2 Race, I my cars loud and with a sexy hi pitch scream.

Other aftermarket suspension arms were also installed/tweaked and tuned for the right ride setup. Camber/sway bar end links/ etc..

I was still on the stock rims though and I have an itch for wide rims and I had a set of Ordens sitting in my garage for a couple years now, they were too wide for the M3 stock body:

so I shipped them to Wheelflip.com in Cali, to my buddy Alex, to get them Machined for BMW sizes/Re-lipped and new hardware.
18's step lipped to 19x10.5 and 12.5 I wanted to go half inch wider then the most agressive setup I had seen so far on an E9X chassis.

Last edited by GabeS; 02-23-2017 at 12:59 PM..
Appreciate 7
Maxf80M3174.00
Mvy540.50