View Single Post
      04-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Video inside: My first time at the Nürburgring (or on any track, for that matter)

Finally uploaded my Nürburgring video from last weekend in my 2011 M3 and thought I would share.

A few warnings, so you don't expect some amazing record setting lap in this video:

1. This was my first time ever on a track, and the 'Ring is notorious for being one of the most difficult tracks in the world. I give myself kudos just for going out there to begin with.

2. I wasn't trying to set any records, and damn sure wasn't timing myself (good thing too, because my time was pathetic).

3. I've watched way too many 'Ring crash compilation videos to feel comfortable pushing my car to it's limits in any way shape or form on the 'Ring. I was apprehensive about just driving it out there to begin with.

4. This video wasn't meant to impress anyone. It was more for me to enjoy and have as a memory of my lap at the infamous 'Ring.

5. The video is over 19 minutes long, and only 12 1/2 minutes of it are of my actual lap. I had two passengers, so you can hear all our chatting the whole time. Just be warned, it starts out slow, and ends even slower, but picks up in the middle. Lap officially starts at 1:00 and ends at 13:27. The rest is just BS'ing between my passengers and I.

All that being said, I was just looking to have a good time, and say I've been to the 'Ring. I know my time was pitiful, but I got my t shirt and sticker and a good experience, and that's all I wanted out of this. I don't know if I will run my car there again, but it was a ton of fun and is very addictive. If you ever get the chance to go, don't hesitate, even if you are just driving a rental car!

..and a bonus, a few pics from that day:

Here's a couple of the group I rode up to the 'Ring with. My car is the IB E90 on the end.

And some random pics from other cars at the track.

Last but not least, by badge of honor mounted in an inconspicuous place (I hate stickers)

Last edited by Rat3d ///M; 04-25-2015 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 1