View Single Post
      04-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #17
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Omar, I do appreciate the help you have given me and I want to be clear that I was an inch away from getting your complete setup, until I found out about the coding. I can say that Fabspeed has huge experience with Bosch DME and exotic cars. They use really expensive German made cats. They have never had a code. They both guaranteed it to me, as well as being local I can turn off the rear sensor if need be with just a 30 minute drive. This was the deal sealer. I refused to have to R&R the ECU to take care of OBD issues.

I will certainly keep everyone updated regarding any coding.

The numbers from the Xpipe look very good. They have other cars they have done and I would not call their work or design inferior in any way. I am not sure you are looking at the same X piece if you would call that an "H"! It is a very smooth X. Clearly not a 90 degree H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Is this a true X pipe?... looks like a stamped H pipe similar to the factory design and Encore's Design..

X pipes have sharp inside edges.... these look like a commercially stamped design incorporated into an exhaust system (notice the welds before and after the 'H) meaning it would not have the same "extraction" affect of a true X pipe... and is obviously much cheaper to make...

btw, a 200 cell cat is freer than our 300 cell cat ( only makes sense, cells per square inch ) means it should easily turn on the CEL. The "High Quality" portion is misleading since we certainly arent using "low quality" being ours are 300 cell.

Interesting read from quick google search:

Important quotes highlighted below link..

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...l?forum_id=101

http://www.f150forum.com/showthread.php?t=12336