02-07-2015, 07:20 PM   #1
Alohaaaaa
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 550xi

Garage List
Well... DCT died today

So I was washing my car today, and I go to start her... Starts fine, push the shifter into gear and bam. Car starts having a seizure, violently shaking and throttling back and forth. I quickly put it into D from manual, where it moved to 2nd and was fine. I got the transmission problems warning on iDrive. I continued driving, and the car would shift 2-4-6. You could not put it in R-1-3-5.

I soon after restarted it, and it ended up stalling itself out a few times before I could quickly slip it into 2nd. I was then greeted with the red cog and "transmission overheat" as well as transmission malfunction.

I brought it to BMW and set up a service appointment, but when I got in it again later to move it for them it was perfectly fine... I am still leaving it with them to diagnose. I'm sure the nasty bucking too and fro caused a few 1000km worth of instant wear on the components.

Did some google-fu and couldn't find anyone else who had the exact same problem as me.
2008 Sparkling Grey Metallic 135i 6MT - JB4 G5 - MHD Race BEF - N54Tuning DP's - ER Chargepipe/w HKS SSQV - Coolingmist Progressive Meth - MMP Hot Side Inlets - AFE Exhaust - Seconday Cat Delete - AMS FMIC - BMS Catch Can - Rob Beck PCV - LUX 160 AE
Appreciate 1
Route 16845.50