05-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
It is these reasons I ordered a new M3. I did not want to purchase someone elses car who beat the %$#! out of it. I know once in a while may be okay but according to the manual they put a warning in there to cover themselves when you break something from using the launch control. One thing I noticed with BMW is that they will try to void parts or all of your warranty if they see anything that they feel they can get away with. Maybe they put that feature in there so people will use it and then when something breaks they will say pay up.
little harsh there amigo. more power to you if you are able to afford brand new and willing to afford the depreciation that we see right off the lot (even if our m cars dont have it as bad).

just because someone did launch control doesnt mean the car is being beaten to shit. they wouldnt have put the option on the car to perform launch control if it wasnt capable of handling the activity. Plus if you buy a used M I would hope youd look at CPO where theyve maintained it to the specifications the factory wanted so you know the history is clean or as clean as can be expected.

i would highly doubt they "put that feature in there so people will use it and then when something breaks they will say pay up." bmw does not equal nissan.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0