View Single Post
      07-04-2016, 10:32 PM   #173
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook
As SVC just mentioned, I originally went with the Active Autowerke rear and loved the sound. Only received compliments and even my gf loved it. Eventually I decided to go for the power and got the Active Autowerke x-pipe as well, truly an epic sounding exhaust. With the x-pipe I got a nice power bump, but also the car really screamed all the way up to redline (with just the rear, engine noise took over at about 4500 rpm). I loved this setup and everyone else did too, but I finally made the change to Dinan rear with my AA x-pipe (there is no way I'm giving up the x-pipe gains) for something a bit more tame. I love my new setup, but I will definitely miss the epic noise of the AA and it will always get a vote for me
Please tell me you have videos of your Dinan + AA XPipe! I too have the AA XPipe with high flow cats and had the AA axle back. It was ludicrously loud and I could it stand it. I'm about to try the MPE with this xpipe, but would heavily consider Dinan as its supposed to be quieter.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0