Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddalun View Post
Thanks roastbeef

Some more questions for ya:

-Do you recommend solid rear subframe bushings as a logical addition to the CF propshaft? I am considering these as they add no NVH. I will likely stick to OE diff bushings.

-Do you hear any sort of a "whine" especially as speed increases? Any other sounds or abnormalities as compared to the OE propshaft?

-I found that the clunkiness from the DCT was largely removed with the GTS tune. Is this what you're referring to?

TIA
this carbon shaft and solid bushings go together like peanut butter and jelly- i love pb&j, but you might not. if you are contemplating bushings anyways, definitely wait and do it all at once. the driveshaft install would take about ten minutes in addition to the subframe bushings install.
subframe bushings alone should be good, just know that it isn't a common route. the subframe and diff bushings work together to buffer NVH and soften the ride a bit. if you just do sub bushings and leave the diff bushings oem, you're going to transfer 100% of the shared load that was previously distributed among all of the bushings back there. understand what i mean? you might get more differential deflection since it is the only thing that can flex. i personally would go all the way with the bushings (solid sub, derlin diff) or don't do it.

i get slight diff whine from about 55mph to about 83ish mph. if i cruise at about 85 (not ideal), it fades away. windows down i can't hear it. windows up with radio on helps, but you can hear it when the radio is at lower volumes.
for me personally, if its not too hot, i have both windows down. if you're one of those "auto" climate control guys that rolls around with their windows all the way up, you might be annoyed.

i still have oem dct software. when i mention clunk, i'm talking about when downshifting while coming to a stop and the car lurches a little bit because now it is mechanically slowing down in addition to brake force and it combines and now you're stopping even faster.... that sort of thing. if you're in 2nd gear and on it pretty good, then let off the throttle, then get back on it, its a little harsh (oem or not). this driveshaft combined with the bushings sharpens that. its crisp- more immediate. i feel like it doesn't make anything new, it just magnifies what is already there.