12-04-2019, 05:35 PM   #15
gkatzm3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 GT3, ('08m3, '04m3, '99m3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_e92 View Post
I realize this is a silly question, but the photo of the front passenger wheel mounted - is that before the rebuild and before the lips making them 19"?

It looks like it.. But just making sure.

Also, I cannot find any pics of these mounted on E92 M3's online. Does anyone have a link/pics?

thank you
JayR_e92

to answer your question, yes, the photo you see of the wheel mounted on my space grey e92, is the wheels in their oem form which is like 19x 9 and 19x10 if I recall correctly. to get a feel for what my 'rebuilt spec's' would look like i took the authentic original sized REAR wheel and put it on my front...and it looked great, so Stefan and I proceeded with the rebuild based on 10" wide fronts and 11" wide rears... but with new barrels with deeper lips which changed the offset to sit more flush and fill the wheel well without super stretched tires.. I did not want a super stretch style set-up ... i was going for a full & flush look with a plump profile tire sidewall...

to be clear, the stepped lip doesnt make them 19"s, they were already the much more rare 19" faces in oem authentic form as manufactured by RONAL stamped made in germany with AC Schnitzer branding, vs more commonly availablle 18s (you see alot on e36/46). The new barrels simply changed the wheel offset to provide a more flush fitment for more modern bmw ///Ms offsets (m3, m5, etc.) I have test mounted these on my friends f80 for fun right before I moved to LA, and they looked exceptional... (See photos)

to properstyle's note below, he is correct. In all my time in car shows Ive never seen ACS type II 3 piece racing wheels in 19" on a e92... thus why i worked so hard to source, buy and rebuild these. I think the look on the e90/92/93 body is amazing. His photos of his e90, and seeing these wheels on a e46 m3 cabrio at Bimmerfest were my inspo to finish the rebuild. They of course fit, but they are so rare, I only know of 3 - 5 sets in existence built to this spec in the states.... I doubt there are many pics are out there other than these
http://www.mppsociety.com/project/pr...-ac-schnitzer/

and the Driftworks v10 m3 in the UK... and whoever owned the gorgeous blue e46vert I used to see at H20i in OC, MD

anywho...I'm in Playa Vista CA, so for anyone that wants to test-fit, come on by... zip 90094...

Find a friend local to me with an e92, and Ill happily meet them to do a mock-up for you.

Cheers,

Gabe
Attached Images

Appreciate 0